Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Take Me To The River

With another very generous sponsorship this past week, my totals funds raised passed the $1,250 mark. That's the amount each cycling or running team member is asked to raise. Fund raising for Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (HPHC) team members is optional (since HPHC is a sponsor.) It seemed a little disingenuous to me to participate and not raise some money for Best Buddies. (That's also for each participant to work out on their own and not a reflection on my fellow HPHC/Perot participants.) Having worked in fund raising including working in events, I have a deep appreciation for how challenging it is to run an event like this one. I also like the work Best Buddies does and wanted to support them directly.

HPHC participants started late in that we had barely a month to raise money if we were not already participating. I hadn't heard of Best Buddies until the HPHC announcement, but when I checked out the organization, I realized I had to ride and try to raise the minimum. Thanks for making that possible.

Cheers,

Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment