Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Would you like fries with that!?

I've been interested in food since I first burned my hand trying to get one of my mother's almost baked chocolate chip cookies out of the oven. (Those cookies still rock.) This is an interesting (and new) book that helps to explain the connection between the human brain and the foods we crave. There's a special emphasis on the food industry and how they include ingredients in their food products that make their products very desirable.

This book is written for the rest of us. It's on sale at Amazon.com right now, too. I've found that Bri and Dan know about the connection between what's in food and what we put in ourselves (and more) already. They've given me advice on nutrition to both complement my training as well as everyday life that's paid off big time. You don't have to compete in an Iron Man Triathlon to focus on good nutrition. (It's probably a good incentive, though.)

Cheers,

Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment